Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Term Project Presentation

Surprisingly I presented my presentation late because I truly though that May 5th was a Thursday, which was supposed to be a Tuesday. That was a blunder on my part, but I'm glad Prof. Friedman let me present first thing on the next class. Overall, I think I didn't do as well for this presentation because I clearly read from the paper and not memorize it. I sounded real nervous (but then again I always do) up there and I thought I was going to fall apart. I rushed in some parts and fumbled around a little to find where I was. But in the end, I pulled through and even made the class chuckle. I should have taken it more slowly and prepared more time on it. Oh well, at least it is over.

MMORPG's are growing everyday; new ones are made while old ones are being improved and added upon. People are being drawn into it, making them play these games casually or nonstop. In fact, some people are hooked on it so bad, that one case was reported that someone has injured his niece by throwing her down the stairs. He said that it was not his fault but hers, which is surprising because he injured someone in real flesh and blood, yet he did not cared for her and only cared about his major party going on in some dungeon somewhere. People like him bring shame to gamers like me. As a gamer, we should play MMORPG's considerably and should be aware of the environment around them. I play MMORPG's excessively in terms of hours invested in it, but I am still aware of my family and friends and tend to them whenever I can.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, I read from my notes too, lol. I had shyness and nervousness against me. It's hard to prepare your mind for these things, well for me at least. I think the class pretty much understood what you were trying to say and you did shine light on a topic that not many people are that aware of.

    ReplyDelete